This practical art course at the University of Cape Town will enable participants to apply the techniques of Chinese brush painting to describe the shapes of several well-known South African birds, using oriental methods and equipment.
- Introduction and study of basic shapes of some birds
- Painting a specific bird: a sunbird on an agapanthus
- Painting a sugarbird perched on a protea
- Painting a hoopoe on a branch of bauhinia
- Trying to capture the blue crane in a picture
20th – 24th January 2014 9.30am – 12.30pm